This morning I caught the baking bug and I just had to use up my ripe bananas. I love Mary Berry’s recipes so I decided to bake her chocolate chip banana muffins and her banana loaf. They are yummy! ♥
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
100g butter, softened
175g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons milk
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
50g chocolate chips
For the icing: 50g melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Measure the caster sugar, flour, baking powder, butter, milk, eggs and bananas into a bowl. Then beat the ingredients together until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the the muffin cases.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the muffins have risen and they are golden brown and shrinking away from the cases.
- Remove the muffin cases from the tin and allow to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the muffins in a zigzag pattern.
100g Softened Butter
175g Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
225g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tbsp. Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin, then line it with baking parchment.
- Measure the caster sugar, flour, baking powder, butter, milk, eggs and bananas into a bowl. Beat the ingredients together until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown.
- Leave the loaf to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes, then turn out, peel off the parchment and allow the banana loaf to cool on a wire rack.
Keep smiling 🙂