The New Year is upon us and I am indulging in retrospection and re-evaluating the past year. I’m really pleased with what I’ve accomplished in my first 8 months of blogging. I have really enjoyed it, I’ve spoken to so many inspirational people and of course having one of my blog posts published in The Huffington Post was one of the highlights of this year.
Being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia has been a challenge but it’s made me stronger and more determined to enjoy life; my mantra is ‘with pain comes strength’. I’ve really enjoyed teaching myself how to cook and bake – this time last year I didn’t even own a wooden spoon and I hadn’t watched a full episode of ‘The Great British Bake Off’! Now I’m hooked and I’m loving trying out new recipes. It’s amazing how much has changed in the past year.
This year I am determined to make some more positive lifestyle changes, so I am sharing with you my New Year’s resolutions for 2016:
- Stop procrastinating and be more productive. I actually bought a planner and I intend to use it. I will be making lists and ticking them off!
- Continue learning to cook and bake – I am going to finally sum up the courage to make meringues.
- Learn new hobbies – make my own lip balm, face mask, candles, earrings etc. And of course blog about them.
- Reduce stress in my life – try not to control the uncontrollable, look for the positives and learn to forgive.
- Learn to take better photos and edit them too.
- Have more frequent quality ‘me time’ – turn off my mobile phone and laptop.
- Learn to be happier with my life – to find joy in the little things and not to let my problems overwhelm me.
- Declutter – I am going to become a charity queen 🙂
- Overcome my shyness and get to know new and interesting people.
- Learn how to effectively use Pinterest.
- Meditate more – to regularly use the meditation and relaxation apps on my phone.
- And of course start eating more healthily 🙂
What are your resolutions for 2016?
Keep smiling 🙂