When life is tough we sometimes need to take time out to take care of ourselves, to recover and heal, but we must try to get up again and not let the pain of the present make us feel hopeless. We should view life’s challenges as an opportunity for growth and learning, to deepen our understandings of ourselves. Inspirational quotes often help and guide me through difficult times.
This week I’ve been practising self-care, I really need to look after myself during this difficult period in my life. I’ve cried, laughed and spent quality time talking to friends and family. I treated myself to new bedding, I gave unwanted furniture to charity, I curled up on the sofa and watched Netflix with my cats and I bought flowers to brighten up my living room. I know, in time, I will bounce back stronger, braver and happier than before.
Today I want to share with you 10 inspirational quotes to get you through difficult times:
- We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. (Kenji Miyazawa)
- Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’ve ever imagined. (Dr. Seuss)
- You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. (Maya Angelou)
- Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. (Michael Jordan)
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. (Confucius)
- We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope. (Martin Luther King)
- Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. (Joshua J. Marine)
- Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work. (Ralph Marston)
- In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive. (Lee Iacocca)
- Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are. (Arthur Golden)
Try to keep smiling 🙂