July was another challenging month – my fibro pain was intense and I felt so fatigued. My depression hasn’t lifted but I’m working on building my confidence again, I’m practising mindfulness and I’m focusing on the positives in my life.
Today I’m sharing 7 things I loved in July.
1. Reading and relaxing in my garden. We had a few sunny days 🙂
2. Making homemade ice cream in my new ice cream maker. I bought two recipe books to indulge my love for ice cream. I LOVE the mango recipe in Ice Cream Made Easy: Homemade Recipes for Ice Cream Machines. The vanilla and chocolate chip was a favourite with my friend’s girls. My friends also tried the delicious strawberry pavlova ripple, the banana and passion fruit and the yummy strawberry and clotted cream. The mocha ice cream recipe from Ben and Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book was a winner too.
3. Watching movies at the cinema.
Independence Day: Resurgence – Two decades after the freak alien invasion that nearly destroyed mankind a new threat emerges. This Allen mothership is more than twice the size as the last one and once again, the world’s armies must band together to save the world. Do they have enough firepower or will this battle change and will aliens take over? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1628841/. I enjoyed this movie, it was full of thrills and special effects but I did miss Will Smith!
Now I See You 2 – One year after outwitting the FBI and winning the public’s adulation with their Robin Hood-style magic spectacles, The Four Horsemen resurface for a comeback performance in hopes of exposing the unethical practices of a tech magnate. The man behind their vanishing act is none other than Walter Mabry, a tech prodigy who threatens the Horsemen into pulling off their most impossible heist yet. Their only hope is to perform one last unprecedented stunt to clear their names and reveal the mastermind behind it all. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3110958/. It had its entertaining moments but it wasn’t as good as the first movie. It has lost its magic!
4. Homemade freshly baked bread. Yummy!
5. Freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning.
6. Watching Amazon Prime videos through my Sony BDP-S3700 SMART Blu-Ray.
7. Lunch with my friends 🙂
*This post contains affiliate links.