Today I’ve been reflecting on the month of June, it’s been a challenging month, my health has not been great – physically and mentally. I’ve seen a number of doctors and consultants, I’ve endured being prodded and poked and I’ve had various tests done. Hopefully I will begin to see that light at the end of the tunnel soon. My blog and your comments, messages and tweets keep me going. Thank you!
Today I’m sharing with you 9 things I loved in June:
- Receiving my BuddyBox filled with goodies. The BuddyBox is a subscription box which is designed to counter the pressures we face in modern life and is packed full of thoughtful, mood-lifting treats. This month’s box was filled with summery treats – cooling ‘panda eye’ pads (These are fab!), refreshing mint tea, a cute tropical toucan badge to remind me of warmer climes, a summer journalling project in the form of a ‘paper time capsule’, instead of sending postcards from my holidays, I can write letters to my future self (I LOVE this!) and a multi-coloured biro to pen my letters with.
- Eating watermelon on a hot day, we did have one good week of sunshine this month. Hopefully July will see its return. At least the rain is warmer!
- Spending time with my cats, they love keeping me company and they are wonderful snuggle buddies.
- The joy of watching plants flourish in my garden. I really enjoyed my strawberries with homemade meringue and cream.
- My new butterfly garden lights – I love sitting in the garden at night, drinking a hot chocolate or herbal tea, it’s so peaceful and relaxing. http://amzn.to/29dN6NH
- The surprise sighting of The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta which flew over my house at 6am on a Sunday morning.
- Completing my mindfulness journal. I’ve been taking the time to slow down and learn, simply, to breathe. http://amzn.to/29e4Kiz
- Taking the bold step this week to move my blog from wordpress.com to self-hosted, learning along the way about plug-ins, broken links and http://. I have so much more to learn, but I belong to a wonderful supportive blogging community that will hopefully be able to answer my queries.
- Enjoying a raspberry smoothie for breakfast – refreshing and tasty, it’s a great way to start the day. http://amzn.to/29pgaP4
What did you love in June?
Keep smiling 🙂
*This post contains affiliate links.