There’s nothing quite so satisfying as fully loaded potato skins. They transform the basic baked spud as they are packed full of flavour.
Fully Loaded Potato Skins
8-10 baking potatoes
10 thin-cut streaky bacon
250g strong cheddar
300ml sour cream
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 spring onions
Salt and pepper to season
Oil for frying
Sour cream and chive dip: 100ml sour cream and finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 200C, scrub the potatoes clean and then prick with a fork. Bake them for about 1½ hours, or until the skins are crisp and the insides fluffy.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes and then halve each potato lengthways. Scoop the insides into a bowl, leaving a potato skin shell with a thin layer of potato.
- Grate the cheese, and then add most of it to the cold potato. Add most of the sour cream (retain some for sour cream and chive dip), chopped spring onions, worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the potato filling back into the potato skins and sprinkle over the remaining grated cheese. Transfer to the baking tray and return to the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until melting and golden.
- Fry the streaky bacon in oil until crispy, then chop finely and sprinkle over each potato skin to make them fully loaded.
- To make the simple yet delicious sour cream and chive dip – mix the ingredients (sour cream and chives) and spoon on top of the fully loaded potato skin.
These fully loaded potato skins are delicious served with a side salad.
You could also fill your potato skins with any combo of :
Sliced cooked sausages
Fully loaded potato skins are a delicious, filling and warming meal. Enjoy!
Keep smiling 🙂