I watched James Martin make this hearty chicken and chorizo broth on his programme Home Comforts and I knew I had to try it! There’s something comforting about a warm bowl of broth on a cold day; it nourishes the soul. This spicy broth is deliciously wholesome; it’s a recipe that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
4 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
125g chorizo ‘picante’, outer membrane removed, finely chopped
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
800ml chicken stock
150ml double cream
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
2 x 400g cans flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
½ tsp smoked hot paprika
1 small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and chorizo and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and fry for approximately 3 minutes.
- Now add the garlic, rosemary, smoked paprika and beans. Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Pour in the cream and stock, add the butter and stir until the butter has melted, then bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Ladle the broth into bowls and serve with homemade bread.
Nothing beats the chilly weather like a steaming bowl of chicken and chorizo broth. It is nutritious, filling and packed with flavour.
Keep smiling 🙂