I love Heston Blumenthal’s simple chocolate truffle recipe. The chocolate truffles are an indulgent treat but be warned they are insanely addictive.
300ml double cream
300g dark chocolate, chopped (minimum 65% cocoa solids)
1 tsp salt
- Place the cream in a small pan over a medium heat and bring up to a simmer.
- Chop the dark chocolate and tip into a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Remove the simmering cream from the heat, then add the salt.
- Add the salted cream to the melted chocolate a third at a time, ensure that the cream is thoroughly combined after each addition. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on to a lined tray. Allow to stand at room temperature for 4 hours, then place in the fridge for 5 hours or until set.
- To shape the truffles, dip a melon baller in hot water and scoop up balls of the chocolate out of the ganache, then roll in cocoa powder before serving.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.
These homemade chocolate truffles are perhaps the most indulgent of chocolates with their silky soft ganache centre made with cream and dusted in the traditional way with cocoa powder. They are an ideal gourmet gift for your loved ones.
Keep smiling 🙂