These homemade smoked paprika chunky wedges are a healthier alternative to fried chips. They are perfectly crisp, tasty and so easy to make. The reduced fat sour cream and chive dip is delicious too.
2 or 3 large baking potatoes
1-2 tsp of smoked paprika
freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to season
Reduced fat sour cream and chive dip:
150ml pot of reduced fat soured cream
Freshly cut chives
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil.
- Scrub the potatoes and then cut into 8 chunky wedges.
- Add the chunky wedges to the pan of boiling water and parboil for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sour cream and chive dip: Pour the soured cream into a small bowl, then add chives and stir. Chill the dip for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Drain the potato wedges and leave them to steam dry for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and add the olive oil. Sprinkle with the smoked paprika and then season with salt and pepper. Toss together ensuring that the potato wedges are coated with the olive oil, smoked paprika and seasoning, then spread out in a single layer.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until they are golden, crisp and cooked through.
These homemade smoked paprika potato wedges are crispy on the outside and fluffy inside! They are perfect served with the reduced fat sour cream and chive dip. Satisfying every time!
Keep smiling 🙂