This is my favourite slow cooker recipe. The chicken takes on the flavours of the lemon, garlic and oregano; it is so moist and tender.
4 – 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 chicken stock cube
Unsalted butter for shallow frying
Cornstarch (to make a tasty gravy)
- Combine the oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl, then rub the mixture into the chicken breast fillets.
- Brown the chicken fillets in butter for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the chicken fillets in the slow cooker.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the chicken stock cube, lemon juice and garlic, stir until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken fillets in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Avoid overcooking or your chicken breast fillets will be too dry.
- Remove the chicken from the juices, add a couple of tablespoons of cornstarch to the juice if you want to make a tasty gravy.
This slow cooked garlic lemon chicken is absolutely delicious served with homemade roast potatoes and vegetables.
Keep smiling 🙂