Spicy chilli bean soup will warm you up on a cold afternoon.
Spicy Chilli Bean Soup
400g can mixed beans (drained and rinsed)
400g can of chopped tomatoes
600ml vegetable stock
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp mild (or hot if you like the heat) chilli powder
½ tsp ground cumin
1 large onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to season.
Fresh basil leaves
- Fry the chopped onion in a little olive oil until they are translucent, add the crushed garlic and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock, add the tomato puree and sprinkle in the spices. Stir until all the ingredients are combined. Simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Whizz using a hand blender until the soup is smooth.
- Add the mixed beans and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with torn fresh basil leaves.
This chilli bean soup is delicious served with crusty bread.
Keep smiling 🙂