The great thing about cooking a stir-fry is that it’s one of the most flexible meals you can make – you can toss in whatever combination of meat, fish or vegetables that you have in the fridge! They are healthy, amazingly quick and bursting with flavour, so it’s little wonder that I love to cook them.
Vegetables of your choice – cabbage, red onion, Edamame Beans, carrot, pepper, baby corn, mushrooms, broccoli florets, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas
400g diced chicken
1 medium red chilli, deseeded
1 tbsp vegetable oil or low-calorie cooking spray
Salt and pepper for seasoning
For the sauce
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Make the sauce – mix the tomato puree, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Season the diced chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large wok or non-stick frying pan until hot. Add the oil and stir-fry the chicken on a high heat until browned and almost cooked through.
- Add your choice of vegetables, the red chilli and continue to stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes until everything is piping hot.
- Serve with egg noodles or fried rice and enjoy.
This sweet chilli chicken stir-fry is deliciously filling, nutritious and loaded with incredible flavour.
Keep smiling 🙂