November has been a challenging, tiring and expensive month. My fibromyalgia pain has been really bad since the change in the weather, however the fentanyl (morphine) patches that I’ve recently been prescribed are helping with the pain.
There have been a few disasters this month at home:
- my bathroom radiator leaked and ruined the kitchen ceiling and one of the bedroom carpets
- the central heating pump broke
- Luna had an infection after her neutering operation and had to return to the vets three times (she’s well now)
- Dante damaged the coffee table
- Talia tore my lounge curtains
- my laptop stopped charging
- my laminator broke
- my old microwave stopped working
- the electric power shower broke
Thankfully, all have now been repaired or replaced 🙂 It’s not easy being a cat lover or a homeowner!
I used to hate the short November days and dark nights but since I started practising mindfulness I’ve been living in the moment and appreciating the little things in my life.
Today I’m sharing with you the 8 things I loved in November:
1.My Purrfect Gift Box
Included in this month’s box were gifts to help me relax before the chaos of Christmas begins. I love the cat colouring book for mindfulness. Colouring for adults calms my mind, occupies my hands and replaces negative thoughts so that I am at peace. The cute handmade pencil case is great for my colouring pencils. I also love the Nancy & Nell candle, this gorgeous smelling Plum & Rhubarb scented candle with the personalised cat image was divine. Also included was the lavender scented handmade sachet with a cute cat design. What a great box of treats for any cat lover!
2. My new retro microwave.
3. Working with my friend to sand and varnish my front door. Hours of work but worth it in the end.
4. I love hearing the leaves crunch beneath my feet.
5. My new butterfly cushion.
6. My November BuddyBox.
November’s BuddyBox theme was Woodland Walks. In this month’s box was a cute hand warmer to keep my mitts lovely and toasty, a bear hug keyring, hot chocolate, an Autumn Night scented Yankee candle and a hedgehog cut and sew kit to snuggle up to. I love the quote in this month’s box, “Be patient with yourself, nothing in nature blooms all year.”
7. My cats stalking the new robot sweeper.
8. Bacon on homemade bread.
*This post contains affiliate links.