Thinking of an exciting and healthy lunch can be a challenge. Our lunches are often boring – sandwiches, salad, leftovers or soup. My friend Lynette’s smoked salmon patè is a tasty and simple option. It’s perfect for your packed lunch or for a quick healthy snack at home. You can enjoy it on crackers, fresh bread, toast or even on a baked potato.
I followed Lynette’s recipe and made it for my lunch today – I can honestly say it is the best smoked salmon patè I’ve ever tasted. It is so creamy and delicious!
Lynette has kindly shared her simple homemade recipe with you…
1 tub of light cream cheese
1 packet smoked salmon trimmings (if you can’t find these then use a small packet of regular smoked salmon)
Freshly cut chives
- Mix the cream cheese, smoked salmon and a good squeeze of lemon juice together. If you like smooth pate, whizz it in a mini food processor at this point.
- Now add some freshly cut chives-add as much or as little as you like. Season to taste.
- If you can’t find fresh chives, use a cream cheese with chives already added.
- Experiment with different flavours of cheese and different fish/vegetable. Smoked mackerel, roasted vegetables, roasted mushrooms all make alternatives and you can find cream cheese with spring onion and black pepper or garlic and herbs. A teaspoon of creamed horseradish adds a kick if you like that!
- Serve with crackers, toast, fresh bread etc.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
I hope you are inspired by this healthy, speedy and scrumptious smoked salmon patè. Enjoy!
Keep smiling 🙂