I’m an independent woman, I’ve tried the whole marriage thing and discovered it wasn’t for me. I don’t need a man to feel complete – I must admit though that it’s taken me years to feel that way. I’ve realized my own self-worth instead of depending on a man for it. Today I’m writing about the sunny side of singledom.
Your single years can be some of the most liberating times of your life. Being single allows you to grow as a person, to have fun, be independent and take care of yourself – it’s not about feeling sad, lonely and empty. Single life is great!
Yes, it’s great to share moments, secrets, laughs and worries with someone special but I have friends who I enjoy spending time with. Anyway, there are lots of people out there who are in relationships and they are sad and lonely. I’m not, I’m single right now and it’s wonderful!
Here are 20 reasons why it’s great to be single:
- You can shamelessly fantasise about Tom Hardy.
- You’re not stuck with the wrong person, crying into your pillow at night, feeling miserable and trapped. You don’t have to compromise yourself for anyone else.
- You can have friends around for a movie night – chick flick time 🙂
- You can travel anywhere in the world without worrying about how it will affect someone else. You have the freedom to go where you want and do what you want.
- You have more free time to rediscover or try new interests and hobbies. You can meet new people who share your interests and extend your social circle.
- You don’t have to share the bathroom. No more little hairs in the sink or endlessly putting the toilet seat back down. You can shower and sing badly for however long you like.
- There is less housework! You only have to clear up your mess. No more picking up socks and undies off the floor. Less washing and ironing too.
- You don’t need to check in with anyone else, if you are late home from work or you bump into a friend unexpectedly and go for a coffee, well you have the freedom to do so.
- You can wear your comfy underwear or if you don’t feel like shaving one day then don’t do it!
- You have the whole bed to yourself. No more playing tug of war with the duvet, no more snoring or being elbowed accidently whilst you are soundly sleeping. You can sprawl out – enjoy the bed space, become a starfish!
- You can watch whatever you want on TV. No more fighting for the remote. Binge watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix? There will be no running commentary whilst you do so. Great, isn’t it?
- You never have to pretend to care about a sport that doesn’t interest you.
- You can have as many handbags as you want – nobody’s counting! There’s plenty more space in the wardrobe.
- You are free of the many stresses that plague relationships – the fighting, little jealousies, embarrassments, negative comments, judgements and accusations.
- You can listen to the same songs over and over without anyone telling you to stop.
- You never get home from work desperate for a snack only to find that it’s been eaten.
- You can eat what you want when you want. Enjoy leftover pizza for breakfast, crisp sandwiches for lunch and toast for dinner – who is going to judge you? Nobody!
- No one is comfortable enough with you that he farts or talks about his bowel habits.
- You can burn your favourite candles and nobody will moan about the scent.
- When you’re single, you only have to put up with people you want in your life. You don’t have to endure a meal at the in-laws. How fab is that?
Embrace your single status!
Keep smiling 🙂